Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach week


 First of all I need to apologize for my blogging absence.  I really have no good excuse besides just being really busy with work and all the fun activities that come along with summer.  Speaking of summer fun, Greg and I recently spent a week at the beach with his family in Isle of Palms.  It was a relaxing week filled with lazy mornings and sunset bocce ball.
  I had such a fun week with all of Greg's family.  His sister is planning her wedding in the fall and I got the chance to go wedding dress shopping with her.  She is going to be a beautiful bride!  One of the funniest moments was trying to paddleboard.  When we watched other people stand up on the board it looked so easy.  Greg and I tried to do it and it was much more difficult than I thought.  I tried again and again to stand up and would always end up with a mouth full of salt water. Of course we had to do the family pictures with the coordinating attire of white and blue.  I've gotta say the pictures really did turn out well without everyone looking too matchy (at least I think so?).

  I am so blessed with family.  Not only did I grow up in a God-centered and loving family but I also married into one as well.  There is such a connection that I have with our family that is so special and makes me cherish the times I get to spend with them.  I love holidays for this very reason.  Even though I haven't been a part of Greg's family for long, I still feel so comfortable around all them.  It helps too that they're all so welcoming.  My family used to always do a huge beach week at my grandparents in Ocean Isle.  My dad is one of eight so we had to rent a few houses to fit everyone.  With cousins getting older, marriages and babies we've haven't been able to keep it an annual event.  This week with his family was a lot like the beach vacations I love having and remember growing up.  Hopefully it will be the first of many to come!!

2 comments:

  1. yay for a new post! love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. outfits weren't too matchy, you're right, Liz BUT I did notice one 'black sheep' in the family. Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete