Monday, May 16, 2011

Thunderstorms










 This past weekend the weather was beautiful.  It would fluctuate between sunny and overcast so we didn't fall over in a heat stroke when we were doing yard work. Yesterday was especially nice. June knew it too.  She was acting restless all afternoon so I finally decided it was time to take her on a walk (after she chewed through my pen and started laying on the book I was reading in my lap). 

We were walking down the street and this is how the sky looked.  I knew I had to take a picture so I used my phone since its all I had with me.  It never actually stormed but there were these thunder clouds that would leave me staring at the sky. I love thunderstorms.  I love the cool feel there is in the air as it rolls in and the scent of the rain coming.  Growing up we would sit on the porch on the lake and watch the storms.  We would see the lightening and try to count when the thunder came to see how close the storm was.  Thunderstorms remind me that there's something so much bigger than us and we're totally out of control of it.  They show God's power and I stand in awe of it. 


1 comment: