Monday, May 2, 2011

Four Wheelin'


This past weekend Greg and I did a 5k mud run.  We had to have a team of four so we got Greg's sister and boyfriend to join us.  We also had to have a team name...4 Wheelin'.  I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when we decided to do this run.  I knew that I could run that far but I wasn't sure about all the mud and everything.  Despite the bruises and body aches I feel now, it was a lot of fun.  They had 32 different obstacles we had to do.  The last one was carrying your team mate across the finish line.

We had a lot of fun doing the race and spending the weekend with Heather and Chip.  Heather and I were both a little nervous about being able to do all the obstacles but we did really well.  It did help that we had guys to pull us over walls and through tires.  There was a group of four girls who went before us and I'm still wondering how they got through the all the obstacles. 

Did I mention that we had to run through mud?!  We were so muddy that we just through all our clothes away after we finished.  It took a couple of showers to finally feel clean.  The water was really cold!

1 comment: