Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My favorites in the kitchen

I was doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen this morning and noticed how much I love this little bowl.  Its one of those items that's the perfect size and fits just right by the sink (you know what I mean...we all have that random thing).  I also like that it doesn't look dirty or dingy regardless that every thing that's in it kind of is.  I love the color.  It reminds me of a dish my grandma would have.  Its my little antique by the sink (what's wrong with me?). 

My other kitchen favorite is this spoon holder.  It took me forever to find something I liked.  I had all this credit at bed bath and beyond after we got married and couldn't find anything.  My mom had this colorful utensil holder that I remember growing up.  After seeing hers, I wanted something that would look decorative in our kitchen.  I finally found this shabby chic jar which is exactly what I was looking for.  I had a cookie jar that matched it.  To my dismay, I dropped it one day when I was cleaning the counters and it broke into tiny pieces all over the floor.  It was pretty traumatic at the time.  Greg was very sweet helping me clean up the mess and my sadness:)  June tried to help too by eating all the broken cookies on the floor. 

Now I've got to find a replacement cookie jar that can stand up to the kitchen sink bowl and utensil holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment