Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jenny's cupcakes

My sister, Jenny, was in town visiting last week.  She has discovered her new talent and favorite pastime, making cupcakes!  These cupcakes are delicious and I'm not just saying that because my sister made them.  My husband took some to work to share and they were almost gone within the first hour. The one I posted is chocolate with peanut butter frosting.  She also made espresso and spice cupcakes.  I keep thinking, "how did you come up with that?"  She could open a cup cake shop with how good these cupcakes look and taste.  The funny thing is that I think she had as much fun coming up with ways to transport these cupcakes as she did making the actually cupcake.  She made cupcake trays with cardboard and plastic cups so they wouldn't get smashed.  The crazy thing is they actually looked good!

My sister is one of the most creative people I know.  She's one of those people that could see anything and figure out how to do it whether its baking, gardening or arts and crafts (I'm still a better cook than her:).  When we were growning up I would always go to her when I had a school project.  She's always my go to person for any creative project I have.  It is frustrating sometimes because she is so artistic and creative and I'm not.  I decided I wanted to start a scrapbook and it looked pretty good.  Then, my sister decided she wanted start scrapbooking too. She ruined my scrapbook because her's looked so much better. I've learned over my 28 years that's just the way it is and some things will never change (I really didn't mean to quote Bruce Hornsby but it just fit).

I'm trying to convince Jenny that now she needs to make a carrot cake cupcake like the carrot cake cookie I had from Trader Joes. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. yay for another post! yummy and oh so pretty cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete